Last Revised: September 17, 2012
Types of Personal Information We Collect Through The Site
You may browse our Site without creating an online account, but to use certain features you may be required to create an account. When you create an account with us, we may collect your name, email address and contact information, a username and password which you will use to access your account, and other information. In addition, to submit a comment or post to a blog, you may be required to submit your name and email address, and we may also ask you for other optional information, such as your business's website address. Your name and any optional information you submit will be displayed along with your comment or blog.
We also collect the following types of Personal Information through the Site:
- business owner contact information (such as name, address, email address and phone number) and individual job information (such as job title);
- information to verify an individual's identity (including social security number, user name and password, and other data elements such as drivers' license number and age or date of birth);
- individual financial or credit bureau information (such as a business owner's credit score, credit history and bank account information);
- Personal Information contained in government filings or legal agreements (such as corporate formation agreements, business licenses, lease or loan agreements and business tax returns);
- information posted by users to our Site, such as blogs or comments; and
- any other Personal Information you submit through our Site or to one of our email addresses.
We may also append to the Personal Information collected through our Site data that we receive from other sources, such as public records, demographic information and other background information supplied by information services or third parties.
In addition, we automatically collect through our Site information that is often not personally identifying, such as the website from which visitors came to our Site, Site visitors' IP address, browser type and other information relating to the device through which they access the Site. We may combine this information with the Personal Information we have collected from you.
Types of Uses of that Personal Information
We use the Personal Information you provide us online for the following types of purposes:
- to respond to requests or inquiries, and for similar, customer-service-related purposes;
- to evaluate your business' eligibility for products provided by or through CAN or its affiliates;
- to effectuate or enforce a transaction or agreement;
- to adjust offerings or services provided by or through CAN or its affiliates to your business and to tailor the information we send or display to you;
- to provide you with information about our company or products provided by or through CAN or its affiliates, that we believe you may find of interest, including to send you marketing and promotional e-mails;
- to authenticate visitors to our Site; or
- to improve our Site and offerings or services provided by or through CAN or its affiliates and to better understand how users access and use our Site and offerings provided by or through CAN or its affiliates, on an aggregated and individualized basis.
Types of Disclosures of that Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information collected online to third parties for the following sorts of purposes:
- to provide you with information relating to products or services that we believe you may find of interest;
- in response to a subpoena or other legal process by a governmental entity or third party, or if otherwise required by law;
- to protect or enforce our rights or property;
- in the event of the sale or dissolution (bankruptcy) of assets, in whole or in part, of our business or any of its affiliates;
- to our contractors or service providers (such as an information technology or human resources consultants or service providers) who provide services or perform functions on our behalf;
- to our affiliates and subsidiaries for marketing purposes, or for product or service delivery;
- to a broker or other source that referred a merchant to us - for example, in connection with reporting on the merchant's progress in the application process or in connection with calculating or reporting on the commission due to the referral source; or
- to our lenders in the course of their auditing us.
- to provide products or services requested
Cookies and Analytics
Web Beacons. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer's hard drive, Web beacons are embedded invisibly on webpages and may not be disabled or controlled through your browser.
Third Parties. As noted, we may also engage third parties, including without limitation Google Analytics and Webtrends, to track and analyze Site activity on our behalf. To do so, these third parties may place cookies or web beacons to track user activity on our Site. We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and to analyze usage of the Site. We do not provide these third parties with your Personal Information.
We may send you emails from time-to-time, about information that we (or third parties) believe may be of interest to you. We may also send you news and offers from us or other third parties, which may include our newsletter or information about special offers, products or offerings, or other items.
If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving these promotional e-mails, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails or promotions from us, we still may send you e-mails about your account, your application or any products or services you have requested or received from us, or for other customer service purposes.
We use physical, technical and administrative measures to protect the security of the Personal Information that you provide to us. Despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, computer and web-enabled devices, among other things, by signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your password private. You should also use caution when using a shared computer to submit Personal Information. You should never share your log-in information with others. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Capital Access Network, Inc.
2015 Vaughn Road
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Fax: (212) 548-6172
CAN Credit Sales Report
Important performance information compiled by Capital Access Network's Data Services Division.
Capital Access Network's Data Services Division offers a quarterly report that highlights credit and debit same store card sales trends throughout the small and mid-sized business landscape.
Information for the continued stability and growth of small businesses.
Through detailed research and carefully cultivated expert opinion, Capital Access Network creates White Papers addressed to both the MCA industry and merchants contemplating an MCA. Read more.
Keeping an eye trained on what works best for American small business owners
Capital Access Network funds research through detailed polls and surveys of America's small business owners. Periodically, we release our findings in a compiled "CAN Small Business Barometer" to allow small business owners insight into how their fellow business owners are thinking about problems and issues facing all small business owners. Read more.